FastPCR is an integrated tool for PCR primers or probe design, in silico PCR, oligonucleotide assembly and analyses, alignment and repeat searching
- The FastPCR software is an integrated tools environment that provides comprehensive and professional facilities for designing any kind of PCR primers for standard, long distance, inverse, real-time PCR (LUX and self-reporting), multiplex PCR, group-specific (universal primers for genetically related DNA sequences) or unique (specific primers for each from genetically related DNA sequences), overlap extension PCR (OE-PCR) multi-fragments assembling cloning and LAMP (Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification); single primer PCR (design of PCR primers from close located inverted repeat), automatically detecting SSR loci and direct PCR primer design, amino acid sequence degenerate PCR, Polymerase Chain Assembly (PCA), design amplicons that tile across a region(s) of interest and much more.
- The “in silico” (virtual) PCR primers or probe searching or in silico PCR against whole genome(s) or a list of chromosome - prediction of probable PCR products and search of potential mismatching location of the specified primers or probes. Searching multiple targets simultaneously within a certain range. The “in silico” oligonucleotide search is helpful for discovering target binding sites with the temperature melting and PCR annealing temperature calculation.
- A long oligonucleotide can be designed for microarray analyses and dual-labeled oligonucleotides for probes such as molecular beacons.
- Comprehensive primer test, the melting temperature calculation for standard and degenerate oligonucleotides, primer's PCR efficiency and linguistic complexity, dilution and resuspension calculator.
- Primers (probes) are analyzed for all primer secondary structures including the alternative hydrogen bonding to Watson-Crick base pairing such as G/C-quadruplexes or wobble base pairs (like G-G, G-T, G-A), hairpins, self-dimers and cross-dimers in primer pairs.
The software utilizes combinations of normal and degenerated primers for all tools and for the melting temperature calculation are based on the nearest neighbour thermodynamic parameters.
- FastPCR has the capacity to handle long sequences and sets of nucleic acid or protein sequences and it allowed the individual task and parameters for each given sequences and joining several different tasks for single run. It also allows sequence editing and databases analysis.
- Efficient and complete detection of various types of repeats developed and applied to the program with a visualisation.
- The program includes various bioinformatics tools for analysis of sequences with GC or AT skew, CG content and purine-pyrimidine skew, the linguistic sequence complexity; generation random DNA sequence, restriction I-II-III types enzymes and homing endonucleases analysis, find or create restriction enzyme recognition sites for coding sequences and supports the clustering of sequences and consensus sequence generation and sequences similarity and conservancy analysis.
- Microsoft Windows 8/7/Vista/2003/XP (32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
- 2 GB RAM
- 1280x800 minimum screen resolution
Current version: 6.5.08
License type: trial
- To install the program, save the FastPCR.msi file in your computer.
- Run the FastPCR.msi file that starts the Installation Wizard.
- Follow all steps suggested by the wizard. This is a "local" software installation and require administrator rights to install.
The FastPCR software is a beta version and provided as is.
Note: The FastPCR software is trial, we are asking the users to buy a license in order to help us to keep the program available and further develop it. We encourage you to contact your department's IT service for the acquisition a license for your department (preferably) or personal licence for you. The licenses are available for all, commercial or non-commercial users who wish to use the PrimerDigital software products.
If you want to purchase the program or enquire further information regarding FastPCR and PCR Web Tools licensing, please contact us (free email accounts will not be accepted) by
FastPCR training & certification
The comprehensive FastPCR software and PCR application development training solutions, which now include training for FastPCR and WebTools. Additionally, our industry-leading enterprise development certifications validate skills in FastPCR software and PCR application development.
Please contact us (free email accounts will not be accepted) for course dates by
An online FastPCR software for Windows, Mac and Linux that provides comprehensive and professional facilities for designing any kind of PCR primers.
The “in silico” (virtual) PCR primers or probe searching or in silico PCR against whole genome(s) or a list of chromosome and search of potential mismatching location of the specified primers or probes. The “in silico” oligonucleotide search is helpful for discovering target binding sites with the temperature melting and PCR annealing temperature calculation.
Comprehensive primer test, the melting temperature calculation for standard and degenerate oligonucleotides and analyzes different features of multiple primers simultaneously, e.g. Tm, GC content, self- and cross-dimer detection, primer's PCR efficiency, linguistic complexity and else.
Tm calculation, PCR efficiency, dimers and G-quadruplexes detection and dilution and resuspension calculator.
Tool calculates the melting temperature for standard and degenerate oligonucleotides including LNA and other modifications.
Polymerase chain assembly (PCA) or oligos assembly - created to automate the design oligonucleotide sets for long sequence assembly by ligase chain reaction (LCR) and PCR.
PCR and qPCR reaction setup calculator; tool for planning PCR and qPCR reactions, mixing solutions.